Check your email for confirmation and free PSD file. If you have not subscribed, do so here
Convert Shapes, Logos, or Text To 3D with Photoshop Smart Objects
This Photoshop tutorial will show you how to make 3d text effect without using the complicated 3D tools in Photoshop!
What You Will Learn In This Photoshop Tutorial
- You will get a free source file
- learn how to use it like a pro
- converting any text to 3D.
- Convert shapes and logos to 3D
- Basic understanding and use of Photoshop’s Smart Objects
- Bonus! How to add custom fonts from Google for free
- Photoshop (not more than a few versions old
- Very basic understanding of adding layers, modifying text, and manipulating images (easy)
- Source files which can be downloaded from my Google Drive here (to prevent bots from downloading my premium content, a working email is required to get the files (zip format)
TUTORIAL ASSETS -3D Text Mockup: http://bit.ly/2BZxnwQ
Getting Started: How to Convert Regular Text to 3D
Getting Started with Text and File Downloads
5 minutes 5 minutes
Download Zip file and Extract Locally
and download file here
Extract Contents and Open Photoshop
Extract all files and find the photshop 3D-text.psd file. Open this file in Photoshop
Edit the Smart Object
To open a smart object, double click on the smart object icon which can be found on the right work panels – layers – and find the layer to edit. Highlight that layer and double click the icon like above
Edit the Smart Object
A new window will open and this is where you can modify any text, objects or images already saved as a smart object. You can also add new images, text, etc to create a new one. Tip: If you don’t want to lose an previously saved work, you can reuse the smart object and just turn off the layers not needed by clicking the eye icon on the layers panel. Alternatively, you can create a brand new Smart Layer which will be saved locally. Don’t forget to save your work before returning tot the main tab. Once you save the smart object, any changes will now be visible in the original file. Pretty smart, eh?!
Adjust Your 3D Depth by Hiding Layers
I designed this template with a load of presets that you can simply turnoff to increase or decrease the 3D effect. Experiment!
Visit my googledrive for source files